What is a session like?
Private sessions and group workshops can vary greatly, and depending on the topic and level of the client and facilitator. However, the core Cinesomatic process is as follows:
- The client and facilitator meet and discuss what’s present for the client.
- The client is asked to move in a specific way while the facilitator observes.
- The client discusses their movement experience and the facilitator provides initial feedback.
- The client and facilitator watch the replay and share feedback together.
- The facilitator guides the client through anything that arises and holds space for them to heal.
No two sessions or workshops are the same. It is a graduating process, meaning that as the client heals and advances through the process, we go as deep and advanced as the client is ready to go, no matter the experience. This is why it’s effective for those both struggling and super-functional, in all areas of life and business.
Is this a spiritual therapy?
While Cinesomatics is a secular therapeutic approach, 40 years of experience shows us the undeniable energetic and spiritual foundations involved.
The archetypal mythological imagery—religious or not—provides fertile ground for deep transformation within all participants, regardless of affiliation.
There is a tendency to strip away all notions of spirit in most modern practices, as a direct reaction to the superstitious, whimsical, and dogmatic healers of the past. This is reasonable, and yet, it’s a pendulum from one extreme to the other.
We see the result of this in the low rates of success in both modern psychology and psychiatry. It has become heady, egoic, distorted, watered-down, and void of most feeling and sense of beauty and spirit—exactly what makes for a functional, joyous, fulfilling life.
This work seeks to bring more love, joy, truth, beauty, functionality, fun, humor, wealth, health, grace, ease, empathy, and spirit into clients’ lives by affirming life, rather than denying it.
What makes this so different?
Our combination of proprietary video and cinematic technology, centered around feeling-based movement—upon a bedrock of advanced psychological, spiritual, and philosophical embodied wisdom—makes Cinesomatics truly one-of-a-kind. We are not analyzing body language, nor are we doing face reading, micro-expressions, aura readings, or anything of the sort.
It is highly accelerated with no upper limit of transformation, while allowing each student to go at their own pace. Veterans and newbies teach and learn the same; what participants get from the work is what they put in. The depth and texture of material and content are vast, where participants progress by “go deeper”, rather than “go up a ladder”.
It’s the only place where you can see yourself on screen doing the behaviors. You literally get to see proof for all the feedback about you, in you, for yourself.
Is this evidence-based?
Every piece of “evidence” can validate or invalidate a hypothesis or theory ad infinitum. And when it comes to therapy, evidence tends to be unreliable and subjective, person-to-person.
Cinesomatics is results-oriented, meaning the focus is on helping clients in real life, have a better life, in practical, tangible ways.
This approach has been based on clinical, experiential work with direct feedback and evidence of its efficacy. It is not theory, nor is it faith-based. It is a results-based approach—if it doesn’t work, we don’t do it “hoping” it will eventually.
Results of inner-shifts are self-evident, yet are on video as evidence for the client—as the ego is an opportunistic invalidator.
Is this similar to “X”?
“I’ve done Feldenkrais Method, Alexander Technique, Somatic Experiencing, bioenergetics, Reichian, Uzazu, 5Rythms, tai chi, qi gong, breathwork, or other movement and body-mind somatic practices. Is this similar?”
Our founder was not specifically trained in any of these modalities and it does not contain direct lineage from these methods. However, many modern philosophies and approaches rely on ageless wisdom, and so we share common beliefs and ideas.
While those practices may be very beneficial, and share similar philosophies or incorporate movement and embodiment work or spiritual or psychotherapy—the method of Cinesomatics is quite different.
- First, Cinesomatics exclusively utilizes video as a primary therapeutic component of the methodology, where no others do.
- Second, Cinesomatics uses movement and the body as a direct readout of the symbolic representation of the client’s inner world and literal results in life.
- Third, Cinesomatics orients itself towards truth by guiding clients through a feedback and reflection process with a facilitator or other participants in a group.
We find many of these practices complementary, and recommend continuing any movement practice where you are in feeling, grounded, and moving from core.
Does this work in-person and online?
Yes. No matter what medium of video—whether using video conferencing or professional gear live in-person—the process works to get unprecedented results. However, the quality of video and depth of review are markedly different.
Cinesomatics requires an expert-level understanding of not just therapy and facilitation, but also of film and technology.
There are two distinct technologies and protocols between online video Cinesomatics and in-person “Cinema-Grade” Cinesomatics.
- Standard “Professional-Grade” Cinesomatic technology can be done with any video recording device and screen, and even done through special software over the internet. There are no quality specifications beyond the essential functionality of video review, speed-variability, and replays.
- Advanced “Cinema-Grade” Cinesomatic technology requires much higher speeds on camera and screen, and substantially more complex event production. This requires professional-grade cameras, lenses, computers, mics, television, storage servers, and post-production video editing. Full event video replays are also delivered in high definition.
The “Cinematic-Grade” technology gives us 4–8x the amount of data and therapeutic information to show through the movements, allowing us to see unconscious patterns and blocks that would remain elusive anyway else. This is only available at in-person events due to equipment requirements. Cinesomatic® technology is exclusive to our proprietary process.